Library Update - COVID-19 Safety & Revised Hours
Monday to Friday
8:45am – 6:00pm
9:00am – 1:00pm
The Library will be open for Browse & Borrow only
Maximum time limit 30 minutes
- There will be a limit of 10 members in the Library at one time.
- Members will have maximum 30 minutes in which to browse and borrow.
- Please keep your visit brief to allow other members access to the library.
- Overdue items: Please do not feel you need to visit in person to return items if you are not comfortable travelling into the city. You can either renew online, or contact Library staff via email or phone and they will renew for you.
- If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms (however mild), or have visited a hotspot in the past 14 days, please do not visit the Library.
- Wearing a face mask is now mandatory for all visitors to our Library.
- You will need to:
- Sign in as you enter the Library, providing contact details via the Service NSW COVID Safe QR code; and
- Confirm you have not been in contact with anyone with the COVID-19 virus.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on entry and departure.
- Be mindful of social distancing (1.5 metres between you and others) at all times.
- Returned books are put in quarantine for 24 hours, and then sanitised before being put back on shelves.
- We encourage everyone to regularly check the list of hotspot locations and alerts on the NSW Health website and follow their advice.
- The Library will be open for Browse & Borrow only.
- Membership payments will be accepted (cards preferred).
- Cuthbert’s will be closed and there will be no tea or coffee available.
- Newspapers / crosswords will not be available.
- Computers will not be available.
- No use of tables or couches, please do not read or study in the Library.
- The Tom Keneally Centre remains closed at this time.
- We anticipate that on-site member events will recommence in early 2021. In the meantime there are online events scheduled, starting in February 2021.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ENTER THE LIBRARY
For those members who do not yet feel comfortable spending time inside the Library, we still have the following services available. These will be located in the Library foyer, just outside the lifts, during opening hours only:
If you have overdue items but are unable to come into the city, you can either renew online, or contact Library staff via email or phone and they will renew for you.
- The Click & Collect service.
- A Returns box.
Please respect these guidelines for the safety of all members and staff.
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact our Library staff via email: email@example.com or call us on 02 9262 7300.
The SMSA Library Team
Image: Library Shelves - image by Jessica Ruscello via Unsplash.