We are pleased to announce the reopening of the SMSA Library from Monday 16 November 2020 for browsing and borrowing.
The SMSA Board recently re-assessed the COVID-19 situation and have confirmed we will be opening on a limited basis, with restrictions and safety precautions in place. Click here for full visiting guidelines.
From Monday 16 November until further notice.
Monday to Friday
9.30am – 4:00pm
Closed on Saturday
- The Library will be open for Browse & Borrow only.
- There will be a limit of 10 members in the Library at one time.
- Members will have maximum 30 minutes in which to browse and borrow.
- For safety reasons there will be no access to tea & coffee, computers, tables, couches or newspapers.
- The Tom Keneally Centre remains closed.
- COVID-19 safety precautions apply: social distancing, temperature-taking, registering of details for contact tracing, hand sanitising. Face masks encouraged.
- Please respect these guidelines for the safety of all members and staff.
CLICK AND COLLECT
- Our Click and Collect service continues. To request books you can either:
- Email the library on firstname.lastname@example.org with the books you wish to borrow OR
- Request via the “Place Hold” button in the catalogue (you will need to sign in to the catalogue for this option)
- You will receive an email confirmation that the books are available to collect at the above times.
- The books will be checked out and ready for your collection once you have received the email.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ENTER THE LIBRARY
For those members who do not yet feel comfortable spending time inside the Library, we still have the following services available. These will be located in the Library foyer, just outside the lifts, during opening hours only:
- The Click & Collect service.
- The Grab A Bag service.
- A Returns box.
We have lots of new eBooks, audioBooks and movies available to you, and our events continue to run online.
If you need help thinking of new books to read – check out the following guide to finding your perfect read.
We also have our Facebook chat room where you can chat and catch up with other members. Just search smsa community chat in Facebook and you should be able to join us there.
Hopefully it will not be for too much longer before we can revert to having members back in the library, but until then, please stay safe and well and keep on reading!