It has been great to see members coming back to the library in the past couple of weeks, and good to know you are safe and well.
However, unfortunately, due to the rise in Coronavirus cases in the last few days, the Board feels that it is in best interest of staff and members to return to our “Click and Collect” program – meaning that the library will again be closed for entry until further notice.
Library Click & Collect Hours
From Monday 20 July until further notice.
Monday to Friday
9.30am – 2:00pm
Closed on Saturday
- Click & Collect only
- The Library will be closed for entry.
- Browse & Borrow is no longer operating.
- To request books you can either:
- Email the library on firstname.lastname@example.org with the books you wish to borrow OR
- Request via the “Place Hold” button in the catalogue (you will need to sign in to the catalogue for this option)
- You will receive an email confirmation that the books are available to collect at the above times.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME IN until you have received the email from us advising that your books are ready to collect.
- The books will be checked out and ready for your collection once you have received the email.
- All other services are suspended:
- NO browsing and borrowing.
- NO entry to the library.
- NO newspapers, crosswords or computers available to members.
When you come to collect your book, you are required to comply with the following health and safety measures:
- Only two people are allowed in the lift at one time.
- There will be standing room in the lift lobby on level 2 for 4 people at a time.
- Please be patient if there is a queue and observe social distancing rules.
- Strictly no entry to the library.
- Please follow all health and safety instructions from staff.
There will be a box on Level 2 for you to deposit returned books safely.
Returned books will not be available to borrow for minimum 24 hours for health and safety reasons.
We have lots of new eBooks, audioBooks and movies available to you, and our events continue to run online.
If you need help thinking of new books to read – check out the following guide to finding your perfect read.
We also have our Facebook chat room where you can chat and catch up with other members. Just search smsa community chat in Facebook and you should be able to join us there.
Hopefully it will not be for too much longer before we can revert to having members back in the library, but until then, please stay safe and well and keep on reading!