We are pleased to announce that from 15 February 2021, the SMSA Library will re-open more of our facilities to members. See below for full details.
As you know, we are open for Browse & Borrow, allowing members to come in to the library, adhering to NSW Health COVID-19 restrictions in relation to libraries.
Sanitising hands is still essential and we are continuing with signing in using the NSW Services app (or staff can complete for you at the desk if your phone doesn't open the app). While masks are not mandatory, we strongly suggest wearing one when you are here. Staff will be wearing masks and we will be continuing to quarantine and sanitise books when they are returned.
We are very much looking forward to having you all back in the Library – it has been nearly a year since we were fully open! While we are happy to see you all back, we remind members that social distancing and sanitisation is still in place, and we will be doing our best to ensure that all members, staff and visitors remain safe.
See you soon,
Library Update - More Services Available
Monday to Friday
8:45am – 6:00pm
9:00am – 1:00pm
- There will be a limit of 15 members in the Library at one time.
- Access is on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and we are not able to take bookings.
- If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms (however mild), or have visited a hotspot in the past 14 days, please do not visit the Library.
- Wearing a face mask is strongly encouraged for all visitors to our Library.
- You will need to:
- Sign in as you enter the Library, providing contact details via the Service NSW COVID Safe QR code; and
- Confirm you have not been in contact with anyone with the COVID-19 virus.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on entry and departure.
- Be mindful of social distancing (1.5 metres between you and others).
- Books to be put in quarantine for 24 hours on return, and then sanitised before being put back on shelves.
- We encourage everyone to regularly check the list of hotspot locations and alerts on the NSW Health website and follow their advice.
- Browse & Borrow.
- Membership payments (cards preferred).
- Seating on the sofas (maximum 4 people at a time, bearing in mind social distancing). Note that there is no time limit, but be mindful of other members who may also want to use the seating.
- Seating at the tables with 2 people per table.
- Two computers will be available for members. Time limit of 30 mins. Keyboards etc. will need to be sanitised by members after use.
- Cuthbert's coffee area will open (maximum 2 people at a time). Seating will be 1 person per table. As we can only seat 2 people at a time, this area is only for consumption of coffee and tea, and we ask you to be mindful of others wishing to use the facility.
- There will be no newspapers as yet. We will provide Sydney Morning Herald crosswords daily but you need to BYO pens.
- The Tom Keneally Centre is due to re-open in March.
- We anticipate that on-site member events will recommence in March 2021. In the meantime there are online events scheduled.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ENTER THE LIBRARY
For those members who do not yet feel comfortable spending time inside the Library, we still have the following services available. These will be located in the Library foyer, just outside the lifts, during opening hours only:
If you have overdue items but are unable to come into the city, you can either renew online, or contact Library staff via email or phone and they will renew for you.
- The Click & Collect service.
- A Returns box.
Please respect these guidelines for the safety of all members and staff.
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact our Library staff via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9262 7300.
The SMSA Library Team